Thursday, June 19, 2008

Beauty Research Club


I just started reading this one. I am only in the third chapter of volume three. Why did I start reading it? I saw a blurb about how whenever this girl sees someone beautiful she throws up. I could only imagine how funny that would be and I was in mood for funny. I remembered reading Wallflower/Perfect Girl Evolution and how Sunako would get nose bleeds from seeing anyone beautiful and that was rather funny. But, throwing up? Even better I thought rubbing my hands together in glee. However so far I am disappointed in the fact she has only gotten nausea and not hurled. I feel like I am just waiting for it now. Ok, some basics. Makoto is pretty herself (maybe she shouldn't look in the mirror) but the naive type ( which I am enjoying since it makes one the other characters crazy). She meets Kiyoshi and Atsushi. They are brothers and both beautiful. Atsushi (not his real name?) is kind of mean but since she is not the sharpest tack in the box even when he is about to ravish her she thinks he is only helping her. It drives him nuts to think he has this rep as a nasty guy and she thinks he is the gentle type. Kiyoshi falls for her instantly since she can't stand to look at him. Atsushi however is beginning to fall for her himself kicking and screaming against it. So you can see where some of this is going. Makoto seems to be liking Atsushi at this point. As for the title, Beauty Research Club. It is their school club which Makoto is forced to join by Kiyoshi in order for him to be near her. The brothers (Atsushi was blackmailed into joining by Kiyoshi) and the other two members minus Makoto research beauty each in their own way. I have found it funny. Not sidesplitting but certainly and snicker or two. Now if she would just THROW UP on Kiyoshi he might not keep bugging her. I am waiting patiently.

No comments: